How to Remove Graffiti
By definition, graffiti is words or drawings illicitly displayed in public on walls or other surfaces. While some may see graffiti as an art form and a way of making their mark on the world, others see it as defacing public spaces and work hard at keeping these spaces clean. There are some important factors to keep in mind when removing graffiti from certain surfaces:
- What type of surface will you remove graffiti from? Is it smooth or porous?
- Is the surface painted?
- What type of graffiti are you removing? Paint? Adhesives? Permanent marker?
- How much graffiti needs to be removed?
- Has the surface been treated with graffiti barrier or other substance?
Depending on the answers to the questions above, certain graffiti removal products will work better than others. One thing you can be sure of, if you use a graffiti remover from Dumond Chemicals, it will be eco-friendly and safe for the user. Read on to learn more about how to remove spray paint and other graffiti from a variety of surfaces.
Graffiti Removal from Smooth and Porous Surfaces
When it comes to removing graffiti, not all surfaces are created equal. Graffiti removal from porous surfaces, like brick and concrete, should be handled differently than smoother surfaces, like metal and glass. Dumond Chemicals offers products that are specialized to remove spray paint, adhesives, ink, and other graffiti materials from smooth and porous surfaces, as well as protecting these surfaces from further damage by providing a barrier coat. Here are some Dumond products that will help when removing graffiti:
From Smooth Surfaces:
- Watch Dog™ Lift Away® Smooth Surface Graffiti Remover spray for the home and pro.
- Watch Dog™ All Purpose Graffiti Remover for the home and pro.
From Porous Surfaces:
- Watch Dog™ Wipe Out® Porous Surface Graffiti Remover for the home and pro.
No matter what surface you’re removing graffiti from, be sure to keep these points in mind:
- The surface should be tested before graffiti removal with the product to be used.
- Brush, roll or spray the graffiti remover over the surface being cleaned; dwell time depends on the graffiti removal product used.
- Completely remove all remnants of the graffiti removal product from the surface after stripping.
Dumond offers product samples to make it easy to test and ensure it’s the best one for your project. Contact Dumond or order samples of their graffiti removers today and be graffiti free.