How to Remove Graffiti from Smooth Surfaces
Metal signs and glass windows are just as susceptible to graffiti as walls of buildings and underpasses. Graffiti removal from these smooth surfaces requires slightly different attention than other, more porous surfaces, like brick and concrete. Dumond Chemicals offers graffiti removal products that are specialized to remove spray paint, adhesives, ink, and other substances from smooth surfaces, as well as to protect these surfaces from further damage by providing a barrier coat.
Spray Paint Removal Tools
When working on smooth surfaces, extra care is needed to prevent scratching and other damage that wouldn’t necessarily affect tougher, more porous surfaces. The eco-friendly graffiti removers from Dumond Chemicals are not only safe for the user and environment, but when used properly, they should not cause further surface damage. In fact, some products create a strong barrier to protect the surface from any subsequent graffiti applications. If you will be removing graffiti from a smooth surface, such as glass, terrazzo, and metal, look for these Dumond products or order a sample to start your next graffiti removal project:
- Watch Dog™ Lift Away® Smooth Surface Graffiti Remover spray for the home and pro.
- Watch Dog™ All Purpose Graffiti Remover for the home and pro.
Keep the following points in mind when starting any new project using one of Dumond’s graffiti removers:
- A small area of the surface should be tested before graffiti removal with the product to be used.
- Brush, roll or spray the graffiti remover over the surface being stripped; product dwell time will depend on the product being used.
- Completely remove all remnants of the graffiti removal product from the surface after stripping.
- Follow the product directions carefully to ensure proper graffiti removal, surface protections, and user safety.
Graffiti removal doesn’t have to be an arduous task. Use one of Dumond’s Watch Dog™ graffiti removers or barriers to make the process as smooth as possible.