Peel Away® 7 Solvent-Based Paint Remover
When you’re looking for paint removal tools that can be safely used on virtually all interior and exterior surfaces, look no further than Peel Away® 7 Solvent-Based Paint Remover. As an environmentally safe lead paint removal system, Peel Away® 7 Solvent-Based Paint Remover can remove most varieties of architectural paints, varnishes, and high-performance coatings such as epoxies, urethanes, acrylics, elastomerics, chlorinated rubber, aluminum, mastics, and automotive or marine bottom finishes. Whether stripping paint from smooth surfaces or intricately carved and molded surfaces, Peel Away® 7 Solvent-Based Paint Remover is the one paint removal product that will get the job done safely and easily.
How to Remove Paint Using Peel Away® 7 Solvent-Based Paint Remover
When removing lead paint from metal, brick, or wood, great care needs to be taken for the safety of the homeowner and the environment. This is why a non-toxic paint remover is best in lead paint abatement and removal. For every gallon of Peel Away® 7 Solvent-Based Paint Remover, 40-50 square feet of surface can be prepped for paint stripping. Since this product has a low evaporation rate, you can run a test patch to determine if Dumond® Laminated Paper is needed during paint removal on large outdoor products. Conduct a test patch on a small painted area to be stripped, one with and one without the laminated paper, to determine what dwell time frame is needed to remove the paint.
- To begin, Peel Away® 7 Solvent-Based Paint Remover paste can be brushed, rolled or sprayed over the surface to be stripped.
- Cover the paste with Dumond® Laminated Paper for the time frame (dwell time) determined during patch testing.
- Once the determined dwell time is complete, place the paint removal tool under the Dumond® Laminated paper and scrape product from the surface.
- Finally, wash the paint stripped surface with clean water.
Features and Benefits
- In just one application, multiple coats of most lead-based paints, varnishes and high-performance coatings are safely and easily removed.
- Eco-friendly paint remover is safe for use on virtually all interior and exterior surfaces.
- Peel Away® 7 Solvent-Based Paint Remover is formulated without methylene chloride, caustic, or highly flammable solvents, making it the best paint remover for the environment and the homeowner.
- Non-toxic formula requires no surface neutralization after paint removal is complete.